As you know, I am a big fan of travelling. I have visited over 20 countries now, not sure the exact amount really, but it’s over 20.
I’ve been to almost every continents except Antartica and Africa – I do hope to make it to those places some day. When I travel, it’s not just leisure, I do work as well. I guess I am what you can call a “digital nomad”. To explain what it is, it’s simply making a living while travelling. What a digital nomad do can vary depending on what their interests are. If they’re into tech, they’re most likely doing freelance work. Some of them do graphic designs, web designs, internet marketing, consultation, etc.
I’ve lived in Australia for almost two years. Started off by going there to study at first. I later continued with travelling using my working holiday visa. It was quite an interesting time to say the least.
-Melbourne: Cool city, a bit of European influence and vibe going on. Great cafes and nice street art as well.
-Broome: Camels on the beach – that was a sight to see.
– Perth: Just remember it being hot as hell.
– Innisfail: Did some farm works to get my second year visa. Worked as a banana packer. Quite a memory and experience I must say.
– Cairns – got to see the Great Barrier Reefs, partied at mad backpackers, slapped some goon into drunken stupor.
– Blue Mountains: Nice nature, although when I was there, it was quite misty.
In South America, I visited a few different countries.
- Argentina – Great steaks and barbecues all around.
- Costa Rica – Visited a friend who lived there. Went to Jaco Beach, Tamarindo and San Jose (the capital)
I have also been to a few places in the Middle East:
- Turkey – Great architecture. Really loved the history of the Ottoman Empire.
- Dubai – Just gaudy and tasteless in my opinion.In South East Asia I visited:
- Thailand – Land of the smiles 🙂 Went to a few different places like Bangkok, Koh Phangan, Koh Samui, Krabi, Phi Phi, and a few other islands.
- Indonesia – Visited Bali. Went to a few places like Ubud, Kuta, Seminyak, and Canggu.
- Malaysia – I went to a few different cities in Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur, Perak, and Kedah. In Malaysia, I got to see some nice contrasts in the way people live. It’s a world apart the way people live in the capital city – Kuala Lumpur compared to Langkawi. I have to say, one of my favorite islands in the world is Langkawi. Check out my blog post on Langkawi where I talked a little bit about the island and where I stayed while visiting Langkawi.
- USA (California, Philadelphia and Vegas)
- – California was an interesting place. I got to live like a “local” since one of my friend lives there. Visited twice, once in my high school years where I got to experience the type of high school parties you see in movies. I also went when I was 19, and my friends were in college then. Got to experience a few frat parties.
- – Vegas: Parties and Casinos! As you know, I’m a big fan of gambling and playing poker. I’ve spoken a bit about my hobbies before where I talked a bit about my love of poker. Been playing online poker for a few years now.Europe:
- Finland (obviously!) – This is where I am from – so yes, I’ve been here 😛
- Spain (Barcelona, Alicante)
- Portugal (Lisbon)
more to come…