Finding the right products to drop ship on Ebay is one of the most time-consuming parts of opening a drop ship store. Obviously, you need to be able to make a profit on whatever you’re selling. To do that, it has to be somewhat popular or cater to a certain niche.
When choosing a niche, there are a few things to keep in mind so that you don’t end up wasting your time, money, and energy on unprofitable products. Here are some ideas that you can use to help you find your golden goose.
How to spot a profitable niche:
- Use Google and Pinterest to find product ideas. Start with a general product or niche idea and use the suggestions to guide your search.
- Another way to find products is to just keep an eye out as you go through daily life. Keep things in the back of your mind and compare them to the following criteria.
- Look for products that are lightweight, so they’re easy and inexpensive to ship.
- Try to stick to products you can sell for under $150 but above $10. This minimizes risk while still keeping your profits healthy.
- When looking for products, try to think of a niche they would sell to. Think firefighters, german shepherd lovers, or fisherman, for example. Hobbyists and passions are usually the best way to go.
- Stay away from seasonal products.
- Remember: It’s not about what you like. It’s about what a large market likes. If your passion isn’t a good niche, don’t go with it.
There are also tools available for e-commerce vendors that helps simplify the niche selection and products sourcing process. One such tool that I’ve personally used is SaleHoo Labs. It has helped me with discovering and suggesting new products that might suit me based on several different criterias such as the product type, sell rate, price, and it’s competition.
If you’re interested in learning more about drop shipping & SaleHoo, below are some resources that I can recommend that will help with getting you started: